Home Candle Collections Our Story Why Soy Contact us


Soy wax is non-toxic and burns cleaner than paraffin, with no petrol-carbon soot which can blacken walls, ceilings, and furniture, contaminate ventilation ductwork in your home, as well as add toxic carcinogens into the air you breathe.

We use a soy wax called EcoSoya® for the following reasons:

Paraffin wax is used in more than 95% of candle making done today, mainly because it is very inexpensive. Paraffin is the leftover by-product from the petroleum refining process. Studies have shown that this petroleum by-product can release the same harmful carcinogens into the atmosphere as your car produces when gasoline is burned. When a paraffin candle is burned, it produces toxic petrol-carbon soot, which can blacken walls, furniture and ceilings and contaminate ventilation ductwork in your home. This soot goes into the air you breathe and can be hazardous to your health.

Health hazards are being created when paraffin (petroleum-based wax) is mixed with synthetic fragrance (some not even meant for combustion), and are compounded with chemical fixatives, synthetic glosses and bleached cotton wicks. Health problems have been more evident in the past five or so years due to the increase in popularity of highly scented candles. Hundreds of thousands of dollars of home and furniture damage have been reported, causing a battle with insurance companies and retailers of the candles.

Local artisans handcraft the finest quality, all natural soy candles,  made from sustainable products symbolizing new beginnings, strength, courage and endurance. Why Soy Candles